Fifty years in show business is quite an achievement. Although, there were stars before her who already achieved silver anniversary in showbiz like Vilma Santos and others but none of them can claim that theirs was significant. In the first place, Nora Aunor is an antithesis of what a movie queen should; much less a movie star. Nobody then thought that this “little brown girl” would shake up Philippine showbiz.
Fifty years and more than 180 movies, she was paired with many prominent actors and some ended up having relationship with her. But that is not the main idea of this article. This is a list of 50 important actors who acted as leading men in many of her important movies. Here are 50 leading men of Nora Aunor that matters:
41. Eddie Peregrina – while they starred together in the TV show The Nora-Eddie Show in the seventies, they only appeared in one movie called “Dito Sa Aking Puso (1972).” Perhaps it was due to his untimely death that they appeared in only one movie.
42. Victor Wood – the Jukebox King of the seventies was casted as leading man of Nora Aunor in “As Long As There’s Music (1972).” This movie was like a homage to “The Sound of Music” of Julie Andrews during the sixties.
43. Jun Raquiza / Leo Angelo – he was Nora’s leading man and director at the same time in the movie “Dalawang Mukha ng Tagumpay (1973).” Jun Raquiza went on to win the Famas Best Director award for this movie.
44. Zandro Zamora – a movie without a kontrabida is not a movie. He appeared in many Nora Aunor movies completing the love triangle formula such as “Binibini ng Palengke (1973)” and “Ikaw ay Akin (1978.).
45. Dindo Fernando – He was Nora’s leading man in one of her initial forays into acting domination. Together they appeared in the “Fe” episode in the omnibous movie FE ESPERANZA CARIDAD in 1974. They again appeared together in a Viva Films blockbuster movie “Beloved” in 1985.
46. Rudy Fernandez – before he became a huge action star and award winning actor, Rudy Fernandez acted as Nora’s leading man in one of the movies she produced during the seventies’ Wanted Ded or Alayb (1975).
47. Dante Rivero – one of the Philippines drama greats, Dante Rivero was a huge star during his heydays specially in movies where he appeared with Boots Anson Roa. He and Nora appeared in one movie sharing steller billing in the movie “Anak ng Atsay.” The movie was made to ride on the popularity of her award winning movie “Atsay (1978) and of course with that of Julie Vega who was the child sensation at that time.
48. Chiquito – they co-starred in one movie only and that was ANG BULAG, ANG PIPI, AT ANG BINGI (1976). For die hard Nora Aunor fans, this was an obscure movie for her perhaps, she was into it for reasons only she knew.
49. Bernardo Bernardo –it would be a sin not to include this gay performer in this list as million of Nora’s fans during her heydays were gay too. They appeared in “Carnival Song” during the seventies. They appeared in two indie movies namely INGRATA and WHISTLEBLOWER.
50. ER Ejercito – why her team-up with her former leading man’s nephew significant? It goes to show that there is no bad blood between the Ejercito’s and Nora despite her shocking revelation during EDSA II. And also, it was quite an honor for Nora to be a part of a historical film playing a historical figure as well.